The importance of daily physical activity (DPA) is essential for our physical and mental well-being. Did you know that the brain works better if you are active for 30 minutes a day?
As a component of graduation transitions, grade 12 students must track their DPA. Students have three (3) options for tracking:
- Track your DPA on a cellphone app such as Health, My Fitness Pal, etc.
- Track your DPA on a fitness bracelet (pedometer) such as a Fitbit
- Track your DPA on a paper calendar (can be printed below, or picked up from the career programs office)
***As part of your graduation portfolio you will reflect on the data from your DPA***
Benefits of physical activity
* increases your energy levels,
* reduces the risk of diseases such as heart disease,diabetes, and osteoporosis
* builds stronger bones and muscles,
* helps maintain optimum weight,
* enhances your concentration and academic performance
* increase self-esteem,
* it’s fun and gives you an opportunity to spend time with family and friends, and make new friends,
* reduces stress and helps you sleep better, and
* develops leadership skills you can use throughout your life.
Paper DPA tracking calendars